An Intimate Look at Adversity – Dr. Charles Stanley



I saw this sermon by Charles Stanley earlier today.  Thought it would be a good sermon to watch and share today, especially with coronavirus going around (living in uncertain times and all).  Have you been going through adversity?  I know I have had my share of adversity over the years.  I rememember when I was in elementary school, I broke my right arm on 2 different occasions (once in the shoulder and once in the wrist).  Had my share of school bullies when I was in school (to say the least).  Also had jobs that didn't work out too (such as Merril Gardens in Mill Creek, Stockpot, Wet noses and others, but that is another post).  Even at Kohl's (was there for about 8 years), and even there I had my hours cut down to about 3 hours a week on average, and eventually left Kohls in favor of Crossmark and Advantage Solutions.  Also we christians can expect to face adversity or persecution sometimes.  Sure normally you don't have to worry about cops busting into churches and hauling everyone off to prison like you might in say China or North Korea for example, but I am sure they can take on other forms too, such as peer presssure, political correctness, posts getting censored on Facebook, Twitter, or Youtube among other things.  Sometimes, the best way to handle a situation is to pray and turn to God for help and guidance.

Comments